Please Note: This vacancy expired on 31/01/2015
Term: Permanent/Full Time
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000
Closing Date: 31/01/2015
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Content Writer to join the IT department of NCC Education. Based in Didsbury, Manchester, and working on a full time basis, the successful Content Writer will earn between £17,000 - £19,000.
The successful Content Writer will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, working with online content and digital platforms. You will be a lifelong learner, with an innovative and creative mind, and will possess the following skills and experience:
Possess a strong academic/examining board background
Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent IT skills and Office software competency
- Keen attention to detail, with great organisational skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Adaptable with excellent interpersonal awareness
- Knowledge of Prezi, Moodle, and/or Survey Monkey (Desirable)
- Experience using HTML/CSS to develop web pages
As Content Writer you will support the NCC Education’s IT & marketing functions, focusing on digital content, Social Media and SEO content. You will ensure consistency of content across NCC Education’s web based systems and document library, whilst delivering Social Media campaign goals in line with marketing goals. Reporting to the Projects Coordinator, the Content Writer’s main responsibilities will involve:
- Creating, editing, approving and publishing content to the corporate website, across online platforms, ensuring all sites are up to date and correct.
- Managing the structure and site maps of the websites and web applications.
- Providing advice/support with the online provision of surveys, feedback, forums and other data gathering devices.
- Developing and maintaining the search strategy and any related enquiry systems.
- Using website sign-off / change control procedures to ensure changes are approved and trackable.
- Employing Search Engine Optimisation techniques/strategies to improve the ranking of the company website
- Creating and delivering Social Media campaigns alongside the Marketing Department, including the creation of shareable materials such as news articles, infographics, lists and helpsheets.
- Preparing programme materials for both the traditional classroom and online delivery
- Maintaining an ordered and audited library of company documents
- Proof reading corporate, company and other documents as required
If you are interested in the Content Writer vacancy please apply online here detailing your relevant qualifications and experience, and explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Closing date for applications - 31/01/2015