Please Note: This vacancy expired on 31/10/2014
Regional Director- Africa and the Middle East
Term: Full Time
Salary: up to £55,000
Closing Date: 31/10/2014
Location: Cape Town, SA
Driving the future success of NCC Education within the designated region, the Regional Director will have a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality transnational UK Higher Education.
The Regional Director will provide the leadership and strategic guidance to the region to contribute to:
(i) the setting and achievement of high quality regional growth targets;
(ii) the continuous enhancement of NCC Education’s programmes and the student experience; and
(iii) the delivery of the highest levels of academic support and customer service to NCC Education’s Accredited Partner Centres and students.
With a proven track record for consistently delivering high quality business growth, combined with a background in building, managing and leading high performing cross-functional teams, the Regional Director will forge strategic relationships with customers, partners and government bodies.
In addition the Regional Director is responsible for developing and managing a profitable Region with responsibility for the profit and loss accounts of that region.
- A strong manager with proven experience coaching, mentoring, motivating, driving, KPI setting, performance monitoring and developing team members
- A strong relationship builder, internally and externally
- A strategic thinker, able to take an idea, develop and evaluate a new concept, plan, build, implement and then deliver results
- Sound commercial decision making capability founded on business results
- Ability to travel frequently internationally
- Ability to analyse information and complex financial data, and draw conclusions.
Skills, Knowledge and experience:
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Experience in the Education sector, ideally with an in-depth understanding of UK Higher Education, including the qualifications, the quality assurance and enhancement policies and procedures, and the role of the associated regulatory bodies
- Significant strategic and complex sales experience, with extensive sales and financial management experience of driving growth from both new and existing business
- Previous experience in building and managing a cross-functional team
- Strong and influential communicator capable of building a breadth of relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Knowledge and experience of relevant regional market.
Strategic Planning, Innovation and Leadership
- Provide strategic guidance and direction for the region. Develop and maintain the regional business plan, with a major focus on growing profitable sales, within the framework of the Company’s Strategic and annual Plan.
- Maintain an understanding of regional MoE policies and regulations, consult with Executive Directors to ensure that changing circumstances are identified and any impact on the organisation is identified early so that timely corrective action can be taken.
- Establish and drive the regional marketing plan, with a key focus on deliverables that will contribute to business growth. Carry out with market research, understand changing market needs and provide input to the company for the development of the regional strategy (products, pricing, business models, competition, regulations etc.). Promote the international recognition of NCC Education qualifications and teaching programmes, activities and brand in all international markets.
- Act in an ambassadorial capacity in representing NCC Education in strategically and politically important events, conferences and meetings in the region.
- Forecast revenue and agree P&L accounts for the Region. Monitor revenue and costs and be accountable for the profit of the region. Drive process improvement initiatives and manage costs within budget. Oversee the budget planning process for the region.
- Identify new partnerships that further strengthen the NCC Education proposition, our ability to serve the market and provide additional profitable revenue streams.
- Lead and manage the regional sales team (including coaching, mentoring, motivating, driving, KPI setting, developing, performance monitoring and reviews), providing leadership and support for large/complex deals and negotiations. Develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Monitor and review account strategies and Key Account Plans for existing Accredited Partner Centres, focussed on support and growth. Establish opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell NCC Education products and services.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with all internal teams, including Marketing, Customer Services and Academic Division to facilitate proactive partner and academic support, as well as providing commercial guidance. Encourage Centre feedback as a basis for continuous improvement. Assist in resolving any Partner issues.
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the Managing Director or designee
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties as the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the Region.
Apply to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications - 31/10/2014