Thinking about partnering with NCC Education? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions and queries. If you can’t find the answers that you need, contact us email@example.com
What is NCC Education?
NCC Education is a leading UK awarding organisation in IT and Business qualifications, providing assessment, certification and teaching programmes from Entry to Master’s degree level globally since 1991.
What does NCC Education do?
Our high quality and flexible approach to providing a UK degree pathway allows students to enter or leave their education journey at their own pace and receive a certificate for their achievements at each stage. We design qualifications to give students the academic knowledge and complementary practical skills to achieve their career aspirations, whether they wish to remain in their home country or anywhere in the world.
Where are your centres located?
Currently we have centres in over 45 countries across six continents. Our qualifications and teaching programmes are available to all countries. Go to our Become a Centre pages to find out how and why you should join our network of accredited partner centres.
Where are you based?
Our head office is based in Manchester, United Kingdom.
We also have three regional offices located in:
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Beijing, China
Who are you regulated by?
NCC Education is regulated in the UK by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), the regulator of qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
Do you have a campus?
No. NCC Education does not teach students face-to-face. We have a network of accredited partner centres offering our qualifications worldwide and delivering some of our programmes and qualifications online.
Are you an agent?
No. NCC Education is an Ofqual regulated awarding organisation and provider of quality British qualifications. Our accredited partner centres are situated around the world and deliver our qualifications to their students.
Are you a university?
No. NCC Education works with university partners in the UK who offer top-up degree programmes either online or in-country for undergraduate and master’s level awards.
What qualifications do you offer?
NCC Education works in partnership with accredited partner centres to offer a comprehensive portfolio of qualifications in Business and Information Technology, Computing and English Language. These are designed to meet the needs of students from Entry level through to master’s degree level. For an overview visit our qualifications page.
What is the NCC Education Degree Pathway?
The NCC Education degree pathway consists of three individual qualifications with each corresponding to a UK degree year:
- Level 4 Diploma in Business/ Computing/ Business IT
- Level 5 Diploma in Business/ Computing/ Business IT
- Bachelor’s Degree top-up year with a choice of UK universities*
- Level 7 Diploma in Business/Computing/Business IT
- Master’s Degree top-up year with a choice of UK University*
Each qualification leads directly to the next level. Upon completion of each qualification, students receive a certificate. NCC Education qualifications are recognised by numerous universities worldwide and can be studied as part of a complete degree pathway, or as stand-alone qualifications. As a guide, a UK undergraduate degree can be achieved within three years.
Accredited Partner Centres manage and support the needs of a student who embarks on the degree journey. By becoming accredited for qualifications and programmes at every level, Accredited Partner Centres provide students with a complete British education.
*Students have the choice of studying either in their home country, by distance learning or online with a team of UK-based academics. Students who choose to study in-country can access top-up qualifications through their centre or via online learning. Students who wish to apply to study in the UK will need to arrange a student visa.
Can I deliver qualifications for full-time and part-time students?
NCC Education qualifications are extremely flexible and can be delivered either full-time or part-time, to meet the needs of centres and students.
How many teaching hours do I need to provide?
This will vary depending on the Total Qualification Time (TQT) which is set out within the qualification(s) you choose to teach. The TQT remains the same whether they (students?) are being taught full or part-time. We offer flexibility to centres to allow qualifications and programmes to be taught over alternative (what is alternative?) periods of time, provided the TQT is adhered to.
How much does it cost to deliver your qualifications?
Our Business Development team will consult your centre and create a bespoke offering to meet the needs of your centre and the market you work in. To make an enquiry, simply complete the Application Form.
What is a Centre Accreditation visit?
As a new accredited partner centre, your teaching and administrative site may require an inspection visit. The purpose of this visit is to ensure that you have all the necessary facilities and systems in place to deliver NCC Education qualifications. Following receipt of your application to become a centre, NCC Education will contact you to confirm if your centre is required to have a visit and we will arrange this accordingly.
What are the benefits of delivering NCC Education qualifications and programmes?
The qualifications offer:
- Flexibility: students study towards a degree at their own pace and receive a certificate for their achievements at each stage. Centre’s can choose to offer full-time or part-time study to best meet the needs of students.
- Quality: NCC Education is recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) as an awarding body for British qualifications.
- Value for money: NCC Education qualifications are an affordable option for students and we support your centre by offering our qualifications at a competitive price.
- International students: our qualifications are tailored in every way to suit both UK and international students to help them achieve and progress.
Strong progression routes: NCC Education works in partnership with a wide range of universities worldwide. We have strong relationships with over 60 universities across the world offering progression into a range of degree programmes.
What are the benefits of becoming an NCC Education Accredited Partner Centre?
NCC Education provides you with the complete education solution:
- Full Qualification Specifications – regularly updated to include new technologies and associated business implications
- All Core Training Materials – comprehensive materials to support both teachers and students
- Support Resources – full academic, administrative, marketing and online registration guidelines and face to face training
- Assessments – set by NCC Education
- Access to a VLE – an online virtual learning environment, specifically designed for NCC Education students and Accredited Partner Centre teaching staff
- Access to online registration system – NCC Education’s dedicated support system, exclusively for all centres, enabling you to administer our programmes with confidence and ease
- Marketing – advice with marketing and student recruitment
- Support Team – regional Business Development Managers, regional Academic and Centre Support. NCC Education offers unrivalled ongoing support for all programmes and qualifications, greatly reducing both preparation time and development costs, which enable you to successfully run internationally recognised qualification programmes to a superior standard.
How do I become a Centre?
To become an NCC Education Centre, all you have to do is submit an Application Form.
How long does the Accredited Partner Centre process take?
Our Academic Development Managers work closely with a Business Development Manager to ensure that the accreditation process runs smoothly. Generally, this process is completed within six weeks. Upon successful completion of your accreditation, you will receive a welcome pack containing operational and marketing information. You will also receive exclusive access to online support systems and be assigned your own personal support team, including academic and operational support.
To gain Accredited Partner Centre status, what centre facilities are required for the students?
As part of the accreditation partner process, you will be expected to provide the following services for your students, which can be found within the Accredited Partner Centre Facilities Requirement Policy.
Can I seek government funding to deliver your programmes?
A Business Development Manager will be able to advise you once your Application Form to become a centre has been received.
What academic support will I receive?
You will have access to a dedicated Academic Development Manager who will provide the on-going academic assistance, advice and guidance that your centre may require. They will provide you with practical advice and training on delivery and assessment of qualifications offered by NCC Education.
Do you offer online teaching and learning support?
Our online virtual learning environment is specifically designed for NCC Education students and teaching staff who have full Accredited Partner Centre status and includes a wide range of support facilities including:
- Academic Handbooks
- Module Lecturer Guides
- Digital Library
- Lecture Slides
- Advice on plagiarism
- Examination advice
- Past assessments
- Advisory material
- Study advice
- Detailed qualification information
- Student Guides
- Advice from dealing with exam stress to presentation skills
- Guidance on all NCC Education policies, including help with avoiding plagiarism; how to appeal against a result; common exam vocabulary and much more
Once I become a centre, how do I register students?
We have streamlined the student administration process to allow quick and easy registration of students in our dedicated partner online registration portal.
The portal allows you to:
- Register and enrol your students for qualifications, assessments and resits
- Review students’ academic performance
- Access marketing materials
- Update your Centre’s contact details
- Run reports on your qualifications and student numbers
- Access the latest news, announcements, events and updates
- Find a step-by-step guide to running assessments and exams at your centre
- Full guidelines are available to download to make it easy for you to register students
Which are the universities that recognise your programmes?
Over 60 universities worldwide accept NCC Education qualifications as entry into their degree programmes.
Information on universities and the NCC Education qualifications they recognise can be found on our University Pathway pages.
Which are the universities that you have partnerships with?
NCC Education has collaborative partnerships with four UK universities who award our degrees:
- University of Greenwich – awards BSc and BA programmes in Business and IT through NCC Education
- UCLan (University of Central Lancashire) – validates and awards the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems
- University of Worcester – validates and awards the BA (Hons) Business Administration
- University of Northampton – enables NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM) students to access a Master of Business Administration (MBA) top-up qualification, delivered online.
How do NCC Education qualifications compare with university degrees?
NCC Education qualifications are designed to provide the same educational value, progression and recognition as a standard three year bachelor’s degree. However, our qualifications are designed to allow students the flexibility to study for their bachelor’s degree in the way most suitable for them. Unlike standard UK bachelor’s degrees, we provide a stand-alone qualification and certificate at each stage of the degree journey. This offers students a fantastic level of affordable flexibility with their studies.