Bell Cambridge - an elegant manor house - is the most prestigious English language school in Cambridge. Set in large, beautiful gardens, it is within easy reach of the historic city centre of Cambridge, a city which has a truly worldwide reputation for academic excellence and a lively student community, making it the perfect location for students who want to prepare for a university education in the UK.
Bell's flagship centre has enjoyed a multi-million pound redevelopment to further improve the learning experience of the thousands of students who study here each year. It also puts Bell at the forefront of English language teaching, improving its educational and social facilities, and ensuring that learning is at the heart of every aspect of the school from its technology to resources and facilities.
At the heart of Bell is its focus on helping millions of people to unlock the power of English by providing high-quality education around the world and to give people new opportunities to progress their education and careers.
The following qualifications are currently available at Bell:
Bell Cambridge offers a wealth of facilities including:
- A range of classrooms all with interactive whiteboards
- A redesigned learning centre with roof terrace, housing 10,000 study resources including top multimedia facilities such as laptops, netbooks, internet and Wifi access, DVDs , course books, newspapers and journals
- Flexible social and dining space used for lectures, film nights, parties, meals and socialising
- New entrance area, reception and landscaped gardens
- New modern dining facilities offering a range of foods including vegetarian options and Halal food
- New lift to improve accessibility for wheelchair users
- A redeveloped pavilion where students can enjoy a range of social and sporting activities
- 30 acres of landscaped gardens with football pitches, tennis courts and table tennis facilities
Awards & Recognition
Accreditation by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI)
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is the approved educational oversight body authorised by the UK Border Agency to inspect privately funded further education colleges and language schools in England and Wales. Bell passed its ISI inspection in May 2012, achieving Grade 1 (Exceeds Expectations) in the three main categories:
- The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners' achievement
- Students' welfare, including health and safety
- The effectiveness of governance, leadership and management
Accreditation by the British Council
The British Council inspects organisations in the UK offering English language courses. Accreditation provides students with a guarantee of choice and quality. An inspection covers all aspects of a school operation including:
- Resources and environment
- Teaching and learning
All of Bell's UK centres and operations receive high British council ratings.
A member of English UK
English UK is the world's leading language teaching association with over 450 accredited members, including private language schools, educational trusts and charities and language centres in further education colleges and universities.
All members are accredited by the British Council under the Accreditation UK scheme, which is managed by the British Council in partnership with English UK.
All of Bell's UK centres are members of English UK.
A member of Business English UK
As a national association, Business English UK provides consultation services to clients (both individual and corporations) who are seeking professional English and communication training in the UK.
Bell London is a member of Business English UK.
ELTons award for Blended Learning in ELT
Bell offers the following to its students:
- 21 hours a week of tuition
- Regular individual tutorials to support your language learning
- Flexible study options
- Study room for exclusive use of students on university preparation programmes
- Weekly lectures covering a variety of topics from discussions on current affairs to British life and culture
- Two free trips every two weeks as part of the social programme, plus a daily timetable of events from punting to theatre visits
- Access over 10,000 study resources
- Free internet access
- Use of sports and social facilities
- Support in applying to universities from our free and independent higher education advisor
Visit Bell's Facebook page
Follow Bell on Twitter