Based in London, City and Islington College is one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of further education. Every year more than 3,500 young people and 10,000 adults successfully learn with the College, enabling them to go on to further studies and employment.
They offer a high quality learning experience and work closely with employers and partners to ensure their courses provide the knowledge, practical skills and experience that students need to achieve their goals and progress further in their education or career.
Building on their Ofsted status as ‘Outstanding’ they offer:
- an extensive range of courses at different levels
- teaching expertise in specialist subject areas
- a range of resources to support learning, including libraries, IT equipment and state-of-the-art classroom facilities.
The following qualifications are currently available at City And Islington College:
City & Islington College have excellent facilities which enable students to learn using industry-standard equipment and there is a library at each of the main College Centres, providing a range of resources, information services and open access IT facilities to support and enhance their students' study, including:
- books, journals and e-books
- photocopying and printing facilities
- audio equipment.
Students can also access:
- PCs and Apple Macs complete with up-to-date software packages
- Laptops, iPod Touches and other mobile devices
- free WiFi
- their own email account
- their own Virtual Learning Environment, which enables students to access course materials and assignments online from outside the College.
As well as onsite canteens offering great value for money, the College also offers a range of support services to students, from confidential, unbiased support on practical issues such as financial worries to two College nurseries that provide limited places for students’ children aged 2-5.
Awards & Recognition
City & Islington College's awards and accreditations include:
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- British Council Accreditation for teaching English
- Beacon status for excellence in post-16 education and training, awarded by the Department for Education and Skills, and the Learning and Skills Council
- The first FE college to twice receive the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for exceptional achievement
- Accredited as a Centre of Excellence for Biotechnology by the National Skills Academy Process Industries
- NEF Assured standard for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics subjects
- Highly Trusted Sponsor of the UK Border Agency
For information about forthcoming Open Days and to book to attend, visit www.candi.ac.uk/opendays
Visit Candi's Facebook Page
Follow Candi On Twitter