Founded in 2009, City of London Academy (CLA) is an independent institution which has rapidly gained a reputation for quality provision in higher education, endorsed through its numerous accreditations.
CLA is at the forefront of innovation in the provision of business and professional education within the United Kingdom’s private educational sector.
The Academy’s mission is to become supplier of first choice for higher level education programmes by:
- Operating the highest level of ethical, moral, educational and professional standards
- Recruiting and selecting high calibre faculty and administrative staff to provide first class teaching and support services to students
- Providing a secure, stimulating environment creating a learning experience conductive to achieving the qualifications being sought by the students
- Supporting students in identifying, seeking and applying for appropriate programmes of study upon achievement of their qualifications with CLA
The Academy offers a wide range of courses in the areas of English, Business, Management, Marketing, and Computing and is committed to helping all students become highly competent and proficient in their chosen fields.
Relocating to bigger, stand-alone premises in August 2013 has given the Academy the opportunity to provide a wider range of courses, including Foundation Programmes. These courses provide students with a pathway towards University, helping them master the required level of academic English, study skills and subject knowledge required to succeed in undergraduate study.
The Academy is passionate about helping students develop their academic and professional skills to make them confident and well equipped for the studies and careers that they may pursue upon graduation from our college.
The following qualifications are currently available at City of London Academy:
- Newly refurbished premises (830 m2) distributed over 3 floors
- Convenient location 1 minute walk from Tottenham Hale tube station (15 mins from central London)
- 6 spacious classrooms with 3 Hitachi Starboards
- 2 IT labs with 33 computers and latest software
- Well-resourced library (over 2000 books) and online library
- Student common room
- Air conditioning
- Disabled access and lift (capacity 8 people)
- Car park (15 bays)
Awards & Recognition
The college has been accredited by the following awarding bodies:
- AISC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges)
- Pearson Edexcel
- NCC Education
- SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority)
- QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education)
- UKBA Tier 4 “Highly Trusted Sponsor”
CLA prides itself in excellent student support; keeping class numbers to a maximum of 15 students ensures that every single student receives the personalized support and help they need.
The Academy also supports students with preparation classes for exams such as IELTS, extra English language support, social programme activities, and it provides students with modern accommodation in student residences located only a two-minute walk from the premises.