Colchester English Study Centre (CESC) is a well-established, family-owned, independent language centre, established in 1969 in Colchester - famous for being Britain’s oldest recorded town.
The centre delivers learning opportunities of the highest level to students who wish to improve their knowledge of English as a foreign language for academic or career purposes. They foster a learning environment which is friendly, informal and professional. The entire team takes pride in the welfare and support they provide to each individual to help them reach their goals.
Since 1969, CESC have designed and run more than 1,250 specialised courses for a wide range of clients around the world and built a reputation for delivering results.
The Centre is open all year round for adult students aged 16 and over. They are a member of English UK, accredited by the British Council, have Highly Trusted Status, and have undergone Educational oversight by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. CESC accept enrolments directly from individuals and through a network of agents. The centre also takes group bookings from schools or a particular professional office. They are the only accredited private language school in Colchester to run IELTS examinations throughout the year and also offer Cambridge English examinations and preparation courses for both exams.
CESC's carefully selected and experienced homestay providers offer a welcoming, comfortable environment near to the Centre. This provides an important cultural immersion experience and helps students to use their English in a relaxed environment for maximum benefit.
CESC is easily accessible from London airports and is only 50 minutes by train to London. This enables the Centre to offer students a geniunely British cultural experience without distraction during their studies, yet also provides an opportunity for them to travel easily to England’s capital, making CESC a popular base for international students.
The following qualifications are currently available at Colchester English Study Centre:
- Experienced homestay providers
- Onsite cafeteria serving refreshments and hot and cold food
- All day snack/refreshment vending machines
- Computer room
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Library/Study zone
- Free Wi-Fi
- Student lounge with pool table
- Patio with Table Tennis table
- Relaxing large, landscaped gardens
- Social Activity Programme included: football, drama and history events, cultural talks, walking tour and BBQs in summer
Awards & Recognition
- Member of English UK
- Accredited by British Council
- Highly Trusted Sponsor (Tier 4 General Student Visas)
- ISI* Outstanding Grade 1 awarded in 2012
- EL Gazette – Centre of Excellence (2010-2014)
- Excellence Award – Languagecourse.net (2013/2014)
- Quality School Award – Languagebookings.com (2014)
(*Independent Schools Inspectorate)