Sussex Coast College Hastings has a long and distinguished history of providing education and training in supporting people to achieve their full potential, providing excellent teaching and training in a supportive and inspiring culture from highly experienced staff.
The college is centre of vocational excellence for business and management and a national academy for retail training.
The college is located in the heart of the historic coastal town of Hastings in the county of East Sussex, which is approximately 90 minutes from London by train.
The Sussex Coast College Hastings Difference
Based over three campuses providing a world class learning environment and amazing facilities, each campus has its own distinctive character, equipped with specialist resources and technology to support learning in meeting industry standards.
Established through the amalgamation of separate colleges in 1950, Sussex Coast College Hastings enrolments for the college now exceed 10,000. The college has two brand new main campuses, comprising the following large specialist vocational schools:
Station Plaza campus: The large, light filled atrium is surrounded by 22,000 square metres of study spaces and social zones. A Levels, Art, Business, Hospitality and Catering, Hair and Beauty, Sport, Public Services, Health, Care and Social Care and Foundation Learning, are all offered in Station Plaza.
Ore Valley Campus: This is where the construction, Engineering, IT and Music Technology subjects are taught. In the central atrium, students construct, wire, plumb, fit-out and decorate a full-size house.
Automotive Training Centre: Delivering Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair courses accredited to the IMI (Institute of Motor Industry) standard offering various levels of qualifications.
All teaching areas are equipped with the latest digital technology, sport facilities, dining areas and Learning Resource Centre.
The College specialises in managing high quality education provision, and through its international work supporting governments and other organisations in the development of education and training solutions, is supported by experienced education professionals who have worked all over the world.
Sussex Coast College Hastings Vision
Inspiring Futures: Change Lives
Sussex Coast College Hastings mission
Outstanding education, development and training for the benefit of all our students and stakeholder communities.
The following qualifications are currently available at Sussex Coast College Hastings:
- Learning Resource Centre – Centres provide traditional library resources alongside IT with support library staff to enable student to access resources and study environment required to succeed in their studies.
- Student Refectory – The college student refectories serve hot and cold food at lunch times.
- Outdoors Sports Area – The Ore valley campus provides student with an outdoors sport area, both sites have a pool table, table tennis and Wifi access.
- Halls of Residence – Students apply for University of Brighton programmes can access accommodation support and apply for Halls of residence places.
- Plaza Hair & Beauty Training Academy – The station plaza campus provides a wide range of beauty treatments at discounted process.
Awards & Recognition
Accolades and Awards
In 2000, the International Department of Hastings College was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education. This award was given in recognition of the International Department’s work in managing a ten-year multi-million pound vocational education and English language training project on behalf of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
Her Majesty’s citation read:
“In initiating, developing and managing this multi-million pound project Hastings College provides an outstanding example of innovative provision for overseas trainees, offering substantial evidence of trainee progression as well as benefit to local communities and consortium colleges. The project is a model of successful partnership and serves as a flagship overseas for the quality and desirability of UK vocational qualifications.”
- SCCH is registered as a Highly Trusted Sponsor under the new UK Border Agency
- The college is a member of Education UK and English UK and accredited by the British Council.
- The college is inspected by Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted).
- The college was one of the first to be awarded the Association of Colleges Charter for Excellence in International Education and Training.