NCC Education is regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to award the Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF) in England. Ofqual Qualification reference number 600/0624/9.
For entry onto the NCC Education L4DBIT qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (RQF) (L3IFDHES) or Level 3 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L3DC) or Level 3 Diploma in Business (RQF) (L3DB).
- An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to L3IFDHES, L3DC or L3DB qualification. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
- Mature students need to demonstrate over two years’ relevant work experience and also hold O’ level/GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
If a potential student whose first language is not English, they will need to obtain a valid score of 5.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent. Alternatively, take the free NCC Education Higher English Placement Test, which is administered by our Accredited Partner Centres.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Skills for Computing – provides the essential skills for a computing student (study, presentation, report-writing and data handling). Not only will this unit prepare students for successful outcomes in your studies, but it will also provide skills that can be applied in the workplace.
- Computer Networks – networking and communication skills are vitally important in today’s connected world. In this unit students will develop a good understanding of basic theory, but will also develop useful practical skills.
- Computer Systems – addresses the development of practical skills in the configuration, maintenance, fault-finding and trouble- shooting of modern computer systems and develops knowledge of computer architecture.
- Designing and Developing a Website – develops practical skills in website design by providing a detailed understanding of mark-up languages, style sheets, design techniques and testing.
- Databases – provides thorough training in practical techniques of the design and development of database systems together with developing a sound understanding of the underpinning theory.
- eBusiness – gives the opportunity to examine how organisations can use all aspects of eBusiness to create new products and services, reduce the cost of existing business processes and improve the efficiency of their operations using typical revenue models.
- Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management, teaching the key elements in planning and decision-making and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
- Understanding Business Organisations – provides an introduction to the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisation as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment, and also considers information and technology in regards to efficiency and performance.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by both examination and assignments.
Past papers and sample assessments:
Skills for Computing
Designing and Developing a Website
Essentials of Management
Understanding Business Organisations
The qualification allows entry onto the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF), which is equivalent to the second year of a UK Bachelor’s degree, or enables you to pursue a career in the IT and business industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.