NCC Education is regulated to award the Level 4 Diploma in Business (RQF) (L4DB) by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England. Ofqual qualification reference number 600/1325/4.
For entry onto the NCC Education L4DB qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (RQF) (L3IFDHES) or Level 3 Diploma in Business (RQF) (L3DB).
- An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L3IFDHES or L3DB qualification. This shall be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
- Vocational experience which is deemed suitable by NCC Education.
If a potential student’s first language is not English, they will need to obtain a valid score of 5.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent. Alternatively, take the free NCC Education Higher English Placement Test, which is administered by our Accredited Partner Centres.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management. Students will be taught the key elements in planning and decision-making, and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
- Fundamentals of Economics – covers fundamental economic theories and concepts which are applied in decision-making in a business environment. Students will gain an understanding of the economic environment and its effect upon business organisations and their markets.
- Communications for Business – gives an introduction to a wide range of skills for business professionals. Students will cover the production of various types of documents and presentations as well as the skills needed to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Understanding Business Organisations – introduces the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisations as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Business Mathematics – covers a range of mathematical techniques and formulae to support business studies and develop the ability to make informed business decisions. Students will also be taught to present and analyse business data.
- Introduction to Finance – introduces the basic concepts and techniques of financial and managerial accounting. It considers the role of accounting in recording and reporting financial performance and in providing information to decision makers.
- eBusiness – explores a wide range of applications for eCommerce and the use of these in solving business problems. Students will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and their major impact on the business world.
- Principles of Marketing – examines the role and value of marketing in today’s increasingly competitive and dynamic environment. Students will practise marketing principles in order to analyse, plan and implement policies to achieve marketing and corporate objectives.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by either examination or assignments.
Past papers and sample assessments:
Essentials of Management
Fundamentals of Economics
Communications for Business
Understanding Business Organisations
Introduction to Finance
Principles of Marketing
The qualification allows students entry to either the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (RQF) (which is equivalent to year 2 of a typical UK Honours degree) or the second year of many UK university degree courses, or enables them to pursue a career in the business industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.