NCC Education is accredited to award the Level 5 Diploma in Business (RQF) by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England. Ofqual qualification reference number 600/2480/X.
For entry onto the NCC Education L5DB qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business (RQF) (L4DB).
- A local or international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L4DB qualification. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
If a potential student whose first language is not English, they will need to obtain a valid score of 5.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent. Alternatively, take the free NCC Education English Placement Test, which is administered by our Accredited Partner Centres.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Business Economics – examines how an organisation can achieve its objectives most efficiently through the application of micro-economic theory and the tools of analysis of decision science, such as statistics and quantitative methods. It demonstrates how economic analysis can be used in formulating business policies.
- Advanced Business Mathematics – provides an understanding of how a number of statistical and mathematical techniques are applied in economic and business decision-making.
- Marketing in Business – highlights the need for managers to view the role of marketing as critical to their organisation. The crucial role of marketing in contributing to the success of organisations is emphasised.
- Human Resources in Business – explores the dynamic role of human resource management policies and practices in contemporary organisations and their contribution to the goals of those organisations. It defines and critically examines the major philosophies, policies, procedures and practices related to the management of human resources.
- Understanding Consumer Behaviour – provides an understanding of customers’ needs and the complexity of the decision making process customers undertake in both consumer and industrial markets.
- Principles of Business Operations – explores the operations management function and its basis in creating and sustaining effective and efficient operations which deliver the products or services in a manner which achieves the objectives of the organisation. You will analyse this with respect to cost, quality, flexibility, dependability and speed.
- Financial Management – builds on your knowledge of fundamental financial concepts in financial and management accounting by considering the applications of these topics in a business environment and by examining a set of more advanced issues.
- Information Systems and Organisations – introduces the subject of information systems and technology in organisations, taking a broad management perspective. Students will gain an understanding of the current and future role of information systems in modern organisations, including an appreciation of the social, cultural and political aspects that are important to the successful adoption of technology.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by either examination or assignments.
Past papers and sample assessments:
Advanced Business Mathematics
Marketing in Business
Human Resources in Business
Understanding Consumer Behaviour
Principles of Business Operations
Information Systems and Organisations
Successful completion allows students onto NCC Education’s final year top-up qualifications in Business (further entry requirements may apply), or to a third year of many UK university degree courses, or enables you to pursue a career in the business industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.