NCC Education is accredited to award the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business Information Technology (RQF) by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England. Ofqual Qualification reference number is 600/0016/8.
Route 1 (Academic)
- UK bachelor’s degree with honours (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject.
- IT graduates who hold a bachelor’s ordinary or pass-level degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related subject with exceptionally high marks may be considered for admission, at the discretion of NCC Education.
Route 2 (Conversion)
- UK bachelor’s degree with honours in a non-IT-related subject (or equivalent)
- Three years’ work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility.
Route 3 (Vocational)
- Five years’ work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility
- The ability to demonstrate suitability for academic study, via personal or telephone interview with the Course Co-ordinator at your Accredited Partner Centre.
If a potential student whose first language is not English, they will need to obtain a valid score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent.
Students must study the following four core units:
- Research in Information Technology – reflecting on the application of research approaches and communicating research findings in a suitable format for dissemination.
- Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure – an overall view of how information technology is used within industrial enterprises, what is meant by ‘enterprise software’ and how it is incorporated within the underlying IT infrastructure.
- Strategic Information Systems Analysis – the concept of strategic information systems and how they may be deployed and managed in such a way that supports, enhances and is consistent with, the overall business strategy.
- Project Management – managing and controlling IT projects in a commercial environment.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. Units are assessed by both examination and assignments.
Past papers and sample assessments:
Research in Information Technology
Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure
Strategic Information Systems Analysis
The qualification is designed to allow entry to and/or enhance progression to a wide range of IT management roles in public, private or charitable sectors.
Successful graduates of the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT (RQF) can also apply to various MSc qualifications with UK universities either on campus, through distance learning or online.
Information on the available progression routes can be found in this PDF leaflet.
Progression routes can also be found on our University Progression page.