NIU was established in 2011 as Africa’s first virtual university. It is accredited by the Ugandan National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and currently serves students from 17 different countries.
NIU offers a wide variety of qualifications, ranging from Public Health to Business Administration at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Students benefit from the flexible learning opportunities provided by the university.
Courses are delivered fully online via live virtual lectures hosted by highly qualified teaching staff, with a wealth of experience from diverse backgrounds.
NIU’s mission is to “deliver Africa’s education future, leveraging technology.”
NCC Education Sales Director, Sheetal Choraria says, “NCC Education are delighted to welcome onboard NIU as our first Accredited Partner Centre in Uganda, offering our Business and IT pathway programmes.
“Our qualifications are in the hands of a professional education provider, with strong links across the African market, who are ideally placed to successfully deliver high-quality programmes and curriculum.”
NIU Vice-Chancellor, Professor Magnus Amajirionwu comments, “Our virtual university model enables students to access quality international education from anywhere.
“Through this partnership with NCC Education, we hope to exponentially grow access to British qualifications, reaching students worldwide.”
NIU are accredited to deliver the following NCC Education qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma in Computing (L4DC)
- Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Computing (with Business Management) (L4DC BM)
- Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
- Level 5 Diploma in Computing (with Business Management) (L5DC BM)
- Level 5 Diploma in Computing (with Cyber Security) (L5DC CS)
- Level 5 Diploma in Business (L5DB)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (MAGNA CARTA)
- BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems (UCLAN BCIS)
- Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM)
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +256 393 202 136