The NCC Education Applied Skills Certificate in Computing is an applied skills qualification which allows candidates to study essential concepts of computing, whilst also demonstrating their English language ability.
In addition, successful candidates will fulfil the main entry requirements the NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Computing. The successful completion of the three Level 4 units within the Applied Skills Certificate in Computing will allow the student to be exempt from those units if they progress to the Level 4 Diploma in Computing.
- Computer Networks – This module helps students to develop a good understanding of basic theory and useful practical skills of networking and communication that are vital in today’s connected world.
- Computer Systems – This module addresses the development of practical skills in the configuration, maintenance, fault finding and trouble-shooting of modern computer systems and develops knowledge of computer architecture.
- Designing and Developing a Website – This module provides students with the practical skills required in website design such as understanding of mark-up languages, style sheets, design techniques and testing.
- English for Academic Purposes – This module helps students to develop the understanding and use of key linguistic skills where necessary to engage effectively in an academic environment.
- Introduction to Programming – This module exposes students to extensive practical use of the modern programming language Visual Basic to illustrate the classic programming principles of sequencing, selection and iteration in the context of object-oriented computer programming.
English for Academic Purposes
Designing and Developing a Website
Introduction to Programming
To start studying the NCC Education Applied Skills Certificate in Applied Computing
All you need to do is search for a centre near you and contact them directly
or drop us an email to email@example.com and we can point you in the right direction
To start providing the NCC Education Applied Skills Certificate in Applied Computing to your students
Fill out our contact form and a member of our Regional Business Development Team will be in touch