Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) Level 6
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems, delivered online by NCC Education and validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire, has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector. The qualification equips students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise that will prepare them for a career in senior management IT roles. The qualification units are designed to provide the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
The final year online top-up qualification is a natural progression from our legacy International Advanced Diplomas; the Level 5 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L5DC) or Level 5 Diploma in Business IT (RQF) (L5DBIT).
Enrol with one of the following qualifications:
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (L5DBIT)
- Pearson BTEC HND in Computing
- ATHE Level 5 in Computing
- OBS Level 5 Diploma in Computing
- Informatics International Advanced Diploma in Computing
- ABMA Computing and Information Systems
- Edexcel HND Computing and Systems Development (Networking)
- Informatics Diploma in IT and Advanced Diploma in IT
- Any qualification deemed to be comparable as approved by NCC Education and UCLan
For more information or to see if you qualify please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The qualification is made up of four 20-credit units, each of which requires an average of 200 hours of study and a project unit which accounts for 40 credits and requires approximately 400 hours of study.
Units comprise of weekly video lectures, tutorial exercises, a discussion forum and live chat sessions with subject experts. Students will have the opportunity to interact with other students from around the world and with subject experts through discussion forums.
When taken full-time, the qualification is delivered in two 15-week semesters (12 teaching weeks). Two units are studied in each semester, with the project being studied over two semesters.
Part-time students study one or two units per semester over four semesters, with the project being studied over four semesters.
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Corporate Communication Systems Management
- Managing Information Systems Projects
- Information Systems Project
The University is registered by Royal Charter in the UK and regulated and inspected by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
Ranked in the top 3.7% of all worldwide universities according to the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR)
Ranked 31 in the UK for Computer Science and Information Systems in the Guardian League table (2016)
Students are invited to attend UCLan’s graduation ceremonies which are held twice a year at Preston Guild Hall.
1. Payment upfront – £4,500
2. Full-time Students:
- Registration Fee – £888
- Semester 1 fee – £2,000
- Semester 2 fee – £2,000
3. Part-time Students:
- Registration Fee – £888
- Semester 1 fee – £1,000
- Semester 2 fee – £1,000
- Semester 3 fee – £1,000
- Semester 4 fee – £1,000
20% discount available for NCC Education Level 5 Diploma holders
Fees can be paid online in your local currency