Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) Level 6
The BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology, delivered by NCC Education Accredited Partner Centres and awarded by the University of Greenwich, has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector. This qualification provides students with the theoretical practice and application skills of applying information technology in the real business environment.
- NCC Education International Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies (IADCS)
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L5DC)
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF) (L5DBIT)
- Equivalent qualification agreed in advance by the University of Greenwich and NCC Education.
This 120 credits qualification gives students both the theoretical, practice and application skills of applying information technology in the real business environment:
- Manage Information Systems constructively – learn how to effectively support the different functions of an organisation through its information systems.
- Differentiate your eCommerce skills – analyse the processes and practices involved for conducting business on the internet whilst developing trusted systems for organisations and regulatory bodies.
- Enhance database design skills for employment – increase knowledgebase for modelling techniques to develop databases within an organisation.
- Enhance research and development skills – students prove they can both successfully research and create a development project that can be applied in the workplace or for postgraduate study.
Students will cover seven units comprising four core and three additional units from a choice of seven. These are:
- Development, Frameworks and Methods
- Information Requirements Analysis
- Enterprise Web Software Analysis
- Information Technology Planning
- User Interface Design
- Database Engineering
- Information Systems Management
- Interaction Design
- Database Management & Administration
With the exception of Database Management & Administration and Database Engineering, units are assessed by coursework assignments. The Project unit is assessed by a Project Report and Demonstration by the student.
The degree will be classified into one of the following honours categories:
- Upper Second
- Lower Second
The BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology will be awarded when students have successfully passed all units and is awarded by the University of Greenwich. The first and second year of the degree journey are awarded and certificated by NCC Education.
Graduates are eligible to apply for the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT (RQF) (L7DSBIT) awarded by NCC Education. Upon successful completion of the L7DSBIT, students can apply to progress onto various MSc qualifications. Alternatively, graduates of the qualification can expect to obtain a management level position in the IT industry including business analysis, systems design, database development, database administration and website development.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.