The Level 6 Diploma in Business Strategy and Management (L6DBSM) is the third year of the NCC Education pathway. The qualification is equivalent to the final year of a Business degree qualification in the UK university system.
This qualification exposes students to advanced topics in a range of areas including business strategy, marketing, decision-making and management. A balance of academic and vocational subjects equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills required to play a significant role in a business organisation and /or to progress on to further study.
For entry onto the NCC Education L6DBSM qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (L5DB).
- A local or international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L5DB qualification. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
If a potential student whose first language is not English, they will need to obtain a valid score of 5.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent. Alternatively, take the free NCC Education English Placement Test, which is administered by our Accredited Partner Centres.
Students are required to complete the six following units:
- Business Research Methodology – provides an understanding of business research, including how it is conducted, its importance for business students when conducting academic business research and also for business research within an organisation.
- Business Strategy – examines the role that strategic management plays within organisations and its effects upon organisational performance and survival. This module examines important techniques used to analyse the position of a company in both its actual and potential marketplace. The approach adopted in this module encourages students to question and evaluate different perspectives of strategic management.
- International Marketing Strategy – provides an understanding of the international marketplace and how best to promote products within it. This module compares and contrasts export, international and multinational marketing. Upon completion, students will be able to precisely differentiate between the marketing policies appropriate to industrialised, developing and underdeveloped economies.
- Business Analysis and Decision Making – explores the use of information and information systems to the support commerce and aid decision-making within organisations. This module will extend students’ practice in qualitative and quantitative analysis in business in order to develop critical diagnosis and decision-making skills.
- Management and Organisational Behaviour – examines how management, particularly in terms of organisational and staff development, can contribute to the achievement of a more effective organisation. The module covers the analysis of effective management in organisations with emphasis on the functions of management and the behavioural processes of change, conflict, leadership, motivation, communication, innovation and group dynamics.
- Business-to-Business Marketing – critically examines the scope and nature of business marketing, exploring unique aspects of business marketing strategy development, and issues that face business marketers. It considers areas, including developing customer relations, quality service marking, and consumer and buyer behaviour.
To be uploaded in due course.
On successful completion of the qualification, students can progress on to the Level 7 Diploma in Business Management in order to obtain a Master’s in Business Administration.
To start studying the NCC Education Level 6 Diploma in Business Strategy and Management, all you need to do is search for a centre near you and contact them directly or drop us an email to email@example.com and we can point you in the right direction.
To start providing the NCC Education Level 6 Diploma in Business Strategy and Management to your students
Fill out our contact form and a member of our Regional Business Development Team will be in touch