The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT (RQF) (L7DSBIT) qualification is designed for students who are an IT and computing graduate or IT practitioner who wishes to further develop a career.
Students will be exposed to a wide range of contemporary issues, which will enable them to develop the critical, analytical and technical skills needed for senior positions within the IT sector. The qualification will also develop academic skills, which are required for further study at master’s level.
NCC Education is accredited to award the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business Information Technology by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England. Ofqual Qualification reference number is 600/0016/8.
Route 1 (Academic)
- UK bachelor’s degree with honours (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject.
- IT graduates who hold a bachelor’s ordinary or pass-level degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related subject with exceptionally high marks may be considered for admission, at the discretion of NCC Education.
Route 2 (Conversion)
- UK bachelor’s degree with honours in a non-IT-related subject (or equivalent)
- Three years’ work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility.
Route 3 (Vocational)
- Five years’ work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility
- The ability to demonstrate suitability for academic study, via personal or telephone interview with the Course Co-ordinator at your Accredited Partner Centre.
If a potential student whose first language is not English, they will need to obtain a valid score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent.
Students must study the following four core units:
- Research in Information Technology – This module reflects on the application of research approaches and communicating research findings in a suitable format for dissemination.
- Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure – This module covers an overall view of how information technology is used within industrial enterprises, what is meant by ‘enterprise software’ and how it is incorporated within the underlying IT infrastructure.
- Strategic Information Systems Analysis – This module covers the concept of strategic information systems and how they may be deployed and managed in such a way that supports, enhances and is consistent with, the overall business strategy.
- Project Management – This module provides students with an overview of the managing and controlling of IT projects in a commercial environment.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by assignments and/or examinations.
Past papers and sample assessments:
Research in Information Technology
Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure
Strategic Information Systems Analysis
The qualification is designed to allow entry to and/or enhance progression to a wide range of IT management roles in public, private or charitable sectors.
Successful graduates of the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT can also apply to various MSc qualifications with UK universities either on campus, through distance learning or online.
Information on the available progression routes can be found in this PDF leaflet.
Progression routes can also be found on our University Progression page.
To start studying the NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT
All you need to do is search for a centre near you and contact them directly
or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can point you in the right direction
To start providing the NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT to your students
Fill out our contact form and a member of our Regional Business Development Team will be in touch