The NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB) is an Ofqual regulated qualification. It makes up the first year of the NCC Education Business Degree journey. The qualification is equivalent to the first year of a business degree in the UK university system.
Students will be introduced to the many different aspects of international business in today’s world. Embarking on the qualification they will be exposed to both academic and vocational aspects of a wide range of subjects, enabling them to gain the necessary knowledge and skills vital for a career in business or further studies.
On successful completion of the qualification students will be able to continue their studies on the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (L5DB) or at a UK university, or work in one of the many areas of the business world.
NCC Education is regulated to award the Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB) by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England. Ofqual qualification reference number 600/1325/4.
For entry onto the NCC Education L4DB qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (L3IFDHES), Level 3 Diploma in Business (L3DB) or Level 3 Diploma in Computing (L3DC).
- An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L3IFDHES or L3DB qualification. This shall be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
- One ‘A’ Level or equivalent, or an appropriate School Leavers’ certificate deemed to be of a similar level
If a potential student’s first language is not English, they must also reach the English Language requirements of either:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 5.5. Alternatively, take the free NCC Education Higher English Placement Test, which is administered by our Accredited Partner Centres.
- GCE ‘O’ Level English C6.
Mature applicants will be considered for entry if they are able to demonstrate over 2 years of relevant work experience; AND Have GCE ‘O’ Level / IGCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- The Oxford Test of English is recognised for acceptance onto NCC Education programmes. An affordable, personalized test that fits you – it’s 100% online, flexible, fast, and available at Approved Test Centres across the globe. Plus, it’s the only language proficiency test certified by the University of Oxford.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management. Students will be taught the key elements in planning and decision-making, and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
- Fundamentals of Economics – covers fundamental economic theories and concepts which are applied in decision-making in a business environment. Students will gain an understanding of the economic environment and its effect upon business organisations and their markets.
- Communications for Business – gives an introduction to a wide range of skills for business professionals. Students will cover the production of various types of documents and presentations as well as the skills needed to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Understanding Business Organisations – introduces the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisations as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Business Mathematics – covers a range of mathematical techniques and formulae to support business studies and develop the ability to make informed business decisions. Students will also be taught to present and analyse business data.
- Introduction to Finance – introduces the basic concepts and techniques of financial and managerial accounting. It considers the role of accounting in recording and reporting financial performance and in providing information to decision makers.
- eBusiness – explores a wide range of applications for eCommerce and the use of these in solving business problems. Students will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and their major impact on the business world.
- Principles of Marketing – examines the role and value of marketing in today’s increasingly competitive and dynamic environment. Students will practise marketing principles in order to analyse, plan and implement policies to achieve marketing and corporate objectives.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by either examination or assignments.
Past papers and sample assessments:
Essentials of Management
Fundamentals of Economics
Communications for Business
Understanding Business Organisations
Introduction to Finance
Principles of Marketing
The qualification allows students entry to NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (which is equivalent to year 2 of a typical UK honours degree) or the second year of many UK university degree courses, or enables them to pursue a career in the business industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.
To start studying the NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business:
All you need to do is search for a centre near you and contact them directly or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can point you in the right direction.
To start providing the NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business to your students:
Fill out our contact form below and a member of our Regional Business Development Team will be in touch.
Get in touch to find out more about this course.