Graduate from the University of Plymouth
The NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM) is an Ofqual regulated qualification that is recognised as a suitable entry route onto the University of Plymouth‘s MBA top-up programme. This route allows students to fast-track their studies to gain a full MBA award.
The NCC Education L7DBM is your flexible route to an MBA, designed to suit your lifestyle and career ambitions.
*Video courtesy of the University of Plymouth
Founded in 1992, the University of Plymouth is located in the small city of Plymouth, South West England. The University of Plymouth is renowned for high quality, internationally-leading education, research and innovation. With a truly global outlook, the university strives to create an inclusive and inspiring community for students.
Consistently ranked as one of the leading universities in the UK and awarded a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2012, the University of Plymouth has a strong record of excellence, enterprise and innovation across its teaching and research activities.
- 86th in the Times University Guide 2018
- 60th in the Guardian University Guide 2020
- Ranked in the top 40 global modern universities according to the Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Top-up Award has been offered by the University of Plymouth for several years. This MBA ‘top-up’ programme is designed specifically for students already holding 120 Level 7 credits in business or management, allowing them to fast-track their studies to gain a full MBA award.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Top-up Award is recognised worldwide as a premier postgraduate qualification in the field of business management.
- Remote study
- Project based
- Expert supervision
- 60 credit dissertation
- Dissertation under the supervision of an academic with expertise in the chosen subject area
- Learning support for the programme will be provided through the University of Plymouth DLE, incorporating a variety of digital learning resources and activities (e.g. discussion groups)
- The programme can be studied from any location in the UK or worldwide, with no necessity to travel to Plymouth
- Students studying at distance will have full access to the University of Plymouth’s e-library
- The programme is highly flexible, offering two start dates: September and March
The NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM).
120 credits from the Level 7 Diploma (L7DBM) will form part of the 180 credit Master of Business Administration (MBA). This means students will only need to complete a 60-credit dissertation to acquire a full MBA and graduate from the University of Plymouth.
* How to complete the Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM)?
Students can attend face-to-face classes with an NCC Education Accredited Partner Centre (APC), or take the independent route and study 100% online. Our blended route offers the best of both worlds, with a mix of face-to-face teaching and online learning.
To attend face-to-face classes or if you would like to take the blended study route please contact one of our Accredited Partner Centres directly.
If you would like to study fully online, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are required to undertake a single 60 credit Level-7 dissertation under the supervision of a qualified academic with an appropriate level of expertise in the subject area of the dissertation. The programme consists of a single module: STO712.
On successful completion graduates should have developed:
- skills of critical thinking, reviewing and critically analysis of relevant literature supported through evidence
- an ability to demonstrate a strategic focus in evaluating research evidence
If you would like to apply to this programme, you must apply through the University here.
“I would strongly recommend undertaking a course with Plymouth University. The Business School is recognised as one of the finest in the country and a qualification from such an establishment is very sought after in the current employment marketplace.”
– Mark Taylor, MBA graduate
Get in touch to find out more about this course.